- By logging in to the Ed app and accessing Commonwealth-Altadis’ Lessons, you agree to be bound by these terms and all decisions of Commonwealth-Altadis (“Sponsor”) regarding Ed Lessons, Challenges, and prizes and to release anli hold harmless Sponsor from any and all claims related to the Ed app.
- The Ed Lessons will be available from June 12, 2015 through August 9, 2015.
- No purchase necessary to participate or win a prize. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- All Commonwealth-Altadis sales representatives that have been assigned logins to Ed are eligible to participate in Ed Lessons and Challenges.
- The Star Bar is a game of chance; the odds of winning at the Star Bar are at least 1 in 150 games.
- The value of all prizes available during the competition period is approximately $20,000.00. The approximate retail value of each prize available to win during each Challenge will be posted in the Star Bar.
- Noncompliance or any violation of these Terms as determined by Sponsor may result in a participant’s disqualification.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any iPhone, iPad, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or ali any website or app, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Ed Lessons and Challenges.
- When logging in to Ed, tailored Lesson content will be available to you.
- Right away you can complete the Lesson content available on that day.
- Some Lessons may be locked (signified by the lock symbol), either because a prerequisite Lesson may need to be completed prior or simply if that Lesson is available on a future day.
- Lessons contain Practice Material and Challenges. Within Challenges you can earn Stars.
- Don’t worry if you miss a Lesson, you can always go back and complete Lessons from previous days.
- There is no penalty for answering Challenges incorrectly.
How can I earn Stars?
- Stars can be earned by completing Challenges in each lesson.
- The number of Stars available in each Challenge is clearly marked on the Challenge.
- Once a Challenge has been taken, you don’t get the chance to earn that Star again. Think carefully about your answer!
- Game Challenges uniquely allow you to retake the challenge multiple times to earn all of the Stars available. Game challenges are different from regular challenges; depending on the amount of points you earn in the game, either 0, 1, 2 or 3 Stars will be awarded.
When are notifications sent?
- Push notifications are sent twice daily. The first is sent at about 9 a.m. each business day, which alerts you to the Lesson content available that day. The second notification is sent at about 2 p.m., which alerts you to the current prize that can be won in the Star Bar.
- Whether or not you open the notification does not impact your ability to earn Stars. Notifications are just handy reminders to inform you of the new Lesson content.
Stars and the Star Bar explained:
- Stars can be only used in the Star Bar; they cannot be redeemed anywhere else.
- At least one Star is required per play in the Star Bar.
- When you use all of your Stars you will need to go and earn more to continue playing.
- If you are lucky enough to win a prize in the Star Bar you will be presented with a prize claim screen.
- Stars do not expire.
- Your Star count is associated to your Ed account (your Rep login). This means, that you can always login again to retrieve your Star balance.
- It’s up to you when you want to play your Stars. Play everyday as you earn the Stars or save up your Stars for the prize you really want to win.
- There will be a select number of prizes available each month. Your chances of winning will always be the same, regardless of the prize.
- Regardless of what time you play during the day, the chances of winning will be equal to other players.
Claiming your prize:
- To claim your prize, simply enter your email, first name, last name and advice for other users on the claim prize screen and submit. You will be sent an email (to the email address supplied in the claim form) with details of your prize within two days of claiming. Follow the instructions in the email to redeem your prize on our partner retailer sites.
- If you cannot find the email with your prize, please check your SPAM or JUNK folder. The email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For ease of redemption all prizes come in the form of electronic gift cards redeemable at leading American retailers.
- The list of prizes that can be won in Ed is shown in the App in chronological order. The list will be updated regularly.
- Once a prize is won, the next prize will be available.
What do I do if I am stuck on the cloud image at the beginning?
- This is where the App is downloading the content. Please be patient, normally it takes no more than 45 secs to complete. Remember, if you interrupt this process you may need to re-install the app.
What do I do if I am stuck on the message "Content is downloading"?
- This is where the App is downloading the content. Please be patient; normally it takes no more than 45 seconds to complete. Remember, if you interrupt this process you may need to re-install the app.
I’ve been told there is new content available. How can I access it?
- Open the App and tap the side settings bar. Tap on the My Profile tab and then tap on the ‘Synchronize’ button. This will Start to download any new content that is available to you. You will need to be connected to a cellular data or WiFi to download the content.
How do I determine when I last synchronized?
- Navigate to the Settings section.
- The last sync date is displayed under the ‘Synchronize’ button. This indicates the last time you successfully synced your device.
What is the My Performance tab for?
- The My Performance tab shows you an overview of your progress on each of the Lessons. It tells you what you have completed already and what remains.
My app is behaving strangely:
- Go to My Profile and press Synchronize.
- If this does not solve your problem, check for app updates in the App Store.
- If an update is available for Ed, tap on the 'Update' button.
- Your iPad will then download and install the app update.
- If prompted, enter your iTunes Store account information.
I’m having trouble syncing:
Check your Internet connection.
Here are some steps to check your connection:
- Go to your web browser and check that a web page loads successfully. If not, you may need to agree to the Terms and Conditions of the network provider. In this instance, a Terms and Conditions window will appear before the web page has loaded, asking you to accept terms and conditions before proceeding.
- Check the Wi-Fi signal indicator in the status bar at the top of your screen. If there are no bars, or if it says “No service,” try moving to a different location.
- Check that the iPad or iPhone is not set to Airplane Mode. Open up your Settings and look for the Airplane Mode switch. Ensure it is set to 'Off'.
My audio isn't working:
Are you presenting but unable to hear the sound effects or video audio?
- Please check that your device's audio is switched on. This can be found on the top right side of the iPad or iPhone.
My app is unresponsive or appears frozen:
- Return to the Home screen of your device, and then press on the Home button twice.
- Swipe between the active apps until you come across Ed.
- Swipe the Ed screen up to shut down the app.
- Click the device’s Home button and then try opening the app again by tapping the app icon.
How do I restart my iPhone or iPad?
- To restart your device, first turn it off by pressing and holding the lock button until a red slider appears.
- Slide your finger across the slider and the device will turn off after a few seconds.
- Next, turn the device back on by pressing and holding the lock button until the Apple logo appears.
I’ve been told there’s an app update available. How do I do this?
- Ed will update automatically, however if you want to force a check for updates, simply open the App Store, navigate to the Updates section and tap the 'Update' button next to Ed.
- We are constantly improving the Ed platform so now and again there will be updates available to download.
How do I check I'm running the latest iOS software?
- You can check you're running the latest iOS in the Settings of the device.
- Go to Settings followed by General, then Software Update.
- If there is an update, there will be a small badge with a '1' situated at the end of the row.
- Tap this to view the latest software update details and install the software.
Who do I contact in case these FAQs don’t resolve my question?
Have a question? Try our user manual.